RENEWAL PROJECT READINGS & PRAYER
WEEK 10 : MAR 4 - Mar 11
The Season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 14 until March 25.
What is Lent? Since at least the fourth century AD, some Christian traditions have set aside the 40 days (minus Sundays) leading up to Easter as “Lent”—a season of fasting, moderation, forms of selfdenial, repentance, and/or practicing specific spiritual disciplines. The season and its symbols aren’t anything magical or mystical; they’re simply a reminder of Jesus’ own suffering, and of Christians’ desperate need for, and reliance on, God and his gospel.
WEEK 10 LENT:
Mar 4 - Mar 11
- Day 1: Deuteronomy 11 Love & Serve the Lord
- Day 2: Deuteronomy 29-30 Covenant Renewed
- Day 3: Deuteronomy 31 God Calls Joshua
- Day 4: Psalm 18
THE LAND GOD’S PLACE FOR HIS PEOPLE
- Day 5: Joshua 1 Joshua Leads
DAILY PRAYER FOR CTK
● Pray for those who are afraid, that God would help them rest & trust him
● Pray for those you know who struggle with gender itself & biblical gender roles, that the gospel would bring freedom, hope, & peace
● Pray that men & women in CTK Church will boldly and humbly live as God designed us, using our gifts for his ministry & mission
● Pray that the God would restore a biblical view of manhood/womanhood
● Pray that in the gospel, Jesus would be the giver of true identity & roles
New City Catechism
Q: What does the Law of God require?
A: Personal, perfect, and perpetual obedience; that we love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; and love our neighbor as ourselves. What all his creation was very good; everything flourished under his loving rule. God forbids should never strength; and love our neighbor as ourselves. What all his creation was very good; everything flourished under his loving rule. God forbids should never be done and what God commands should always be done. (Matthew 22:37-40)
Join Biola University-Center for Christianity and the Cultural Art’s popular Lent Project, an online resource of aesthetically rich daily meditations throughout the Lenten season. Beginning on ASH WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14th, each day's meditation includes scripture, art, video, music, and a written reflection.
Augusta Missional Community - Tuesdays 5:45pm - 507 Cambridge Way, Augusta, GA 30907
Evans Missional Community - Wednesdays 5:45pm - 2038 Magnolia Parkway, Grovetown GA 30813
Smaller, same gender groups that meet up throughout the week to study the Bible, pray together and hold one another up in the grace and mercy of the Gospel. If you need help connecting with a DNA please contact Kevin Figgins or Lance Cheely for men's groups and Tara Figgins for womens.
3/11/18 Kid’s Ministry Volunteers - Shirley DeRenzo, Tony DeRenzo, Solomon Nelms, and Terry Morrow