RENEWAL PROJECT READINGS & PRAYER
WEEK 9 : Feb 25-Mar 3
The Season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 14 until March 25.
What is Lent? Since at least the fourth century AD, some Christian traditions have set aside the 40 days (minus Sundays) leading up to Easter as “Lent”—a season of fasting, moderation, forms of selfdenial, repentance, and/or practicing specific spiritual disciplines. The season and its symbols aren’t anything magical or mystical; they’re simply a reminder of Jesus’ own suffering, and of Christians’ desperate need for, and reliance on, God and his gospel.
WEEK 9 LENT:
Feb 25-Mar 3
Day 1: Numbers 14 God’s People Rebel
Day 2: Deuteronomy 6 Greatest Command
Day 3: Deuteronomy 7 A Chosen People
Day 4: Deut. 8,10:12-22 Remember the Lord
Day 5: Psalm 31
DAILY PRAYER FOR CTK
● Pray that those in the midst of physical suffering, would be able to both laugh and cry appropriately
● Pray for those within our CTK Church family who you know, who are dealing with illness, infertility, disease, and pain
● Pray for brothers and sisters around the world who are facing physical infirmity and difficulty
● Pray that the reality of Jesus’ own physical suffering will give strength to others, & that the good news of a suffering God will be good news to them
● Pray that the God would spiritually heal, in addition to physically
Join Biola University-Center for Christianity and the Cultural Art’s popular Lent Project, an online resource of aesthetically rich daily meditations throughout the Lenten season. Beginning on ASH WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14th, each day's meditation includes scripture, art, video, music, and a written reflection.
Augusta Missional Community - Tuesdays 5:45pm - 507 Cambridge Way, Augusta, GA 30907
Evans Missional Community - Wednesdays 5:45pm - 2038 Magnolia Parkway, Grovetown GA 30813
Smaller, same gender groups that meet up throughout the week to study the Bible, pray together and hold one another up in the grace and mercy of the Gospel. If you need help connecting with a DNA please contact Kevin Figgins or Lance Cheely for men's groups and Tara Figgins for womens.
3/4/18 Kid's Ministry Volunteers- Emily Figgins, Rebecca Morrow, Brayden Figgins, Lance Cheely